Happy 4th of July weekend everyone!
With so much going on in mobile, wearable tech and the Internet of Things, it is easy to miss some of the happenings in the connected world. Here are our picks for the best stories of the week:
- Innovation is not dead. Link
- Stop texting right now and learn from the Chinese: there’s a better way to message. Link
- Fitbit is outselling Apple Watch. This is not surprising at all. The consumer’s bases are just very different. Link
- A new Google Glass app uses augmented reality and dance to help patients with Parkinson’s disease. Link
- The next Google Glass is heading to the workplace. Link
- Samsung, Qualcomm and Apple are the three biggest patent filers in the field of wearable tech. Link
- Novartis launches Apple Watch navigation app for the visually impaired. Link
- Casio is set to release a smartwatch in early 2016. Better late than never, right? Link
Internet of Things
- How do you plant 1 billion trees in the span of a year? With sensors and a fleet of drones, of course. Link
- While the smart home trend is just in its early stages of development, Millennials are already critical for the evolution of smart home products in the U.S. Link
- The intersection of drones, borders, and laws is going to be weird. Link
- New ‘FitBit for cows’ tracks livestock health, lets farmers know when cows are getting sick. Link
Have a mighty week and be sure to follow us on Twitter!